9/08/2013

Scarlett O'Hara

So you guys already know that I'm a BIG! Gone With The Wind fan, so it wouldn't be a surprise if I told you that my favorite character from all time happens to be Scarlett O'Hara. One of the reasons of why I like her character so much is because she's not the typical female protagonist you expect in a romance novel. Scarlett has a very interesting personality and she's not what was expected of a woman back in the 1860s, she's not afraid to do what may be needed to keep on going with her life; even after she's been hit by tragedies all along the way. 

I persanaly believe that Scarlett is such a stronge woman, which is one of the reasons of why I like not only her character but also the book.

When it comes to how her story ends and the end of Gone With The Wind, I was a bit (and by that I mean "a lot") sad because she finally understood, or rather saw that she had been in love with her husband for a long time, but just because of a childhood fantasy she "Threw happiness away with both hands" as Rhett says on the book.

No comments:

Post a Comment