7/16/2013

Romeo & Juliet



"For never was a story of more woe than this of Juliet and her Romeo."

- William Shakespeare, Romeo and Juliet


Romeo and Juliet, the tragic story written by William Shakespeare about two young star-crossed lovers whose deaths reconcile their feuding families. This story has been around for quite sometime, and I'm sure everyone has heard something about or even watched the movie adaptations of Romeo and Juliet.

Personally my favorite is the 1968 adaptation with Leonard Whiting as Romeo and Olivia Hussey as Juliet. I love this movie because I think is the one that goes more to the book and the performances by Leonard Whiting and Olivia Hussey are wonderful, thought I also like the 1996 version with Leonardo DiCaprio as Romeo and Claire Danes as Juliet.as Romeo and Claire Danes as Juliet.

No comments:

Post a Comment